Six Divertimenti Hob. IV:6*-11* for Violin (Flute), Violin and Violoncello
Editor: Andreas Friesenhagen
Urtext Edition, paperbound
Pages: 54 (VII, 18, 15, 14), Size 23,5 x 31,0 cm
Order no. HN 608 · ISMN M-2018-0608-2
Though not nearly as well-known as the “London Trios,” these six delightful divertimentos are Haydn’s first pieces of chamber music to expressly call for the flute. Straightforward and full of Haydn’s esprit, they are a treasure trove for all lovers of music-making in the home. The stylistic variety of these cheerful pièces d’occasion surely reflects the fact that they are partly based on earlier models: Haydn’s baryton trios as well as arias and other items from his opera “Il mondo della luna” (“The World on the Moon”).
Auf der Grundlage der Gesamtausgabe liegen hier die sauber gestochenen Stimmen samt Studienpartitur vor, gerade auch Liebhabern wärmstens zu empfehlen.
[Neue Musikzeitung, 2007]
- Six Divertimenti for Violin (Flute), Violin and Violoncello Hob. IV:6*-11*
- Divertimento in D major Hob. IV:6*
- Divertimento in G major Hob. IV:7*
- Divertimento in C major Hob. IV:8*
- Divertimento in G major Hob. IV:9*
- Divertimento in A major Hob. IV:10*
- Divertimento in D Hob. IV:11*