Editor: Sabine Kurth
Urtext Edition, paperbound
Pages: 202 (VII, 60, 37, 35, 33, 30), Size 23,5 x 31,0 cm
Order no. HN 267 · ISMN M-2018-0267-1
A must for all ambitious string ensembles: this classic of the Henle catalogue has received a great many improvements based on the latest findings of scholarship. After years of research, Beethoven‘s complete string quintets are now available in a thoroughly revised set of parts and an improved appearance on the page. Needless to say, the parts are accompanied by a study score (HN 9267).
These Henle Urtext parts are in crystal-clear print on ivory paper and as pristine as one could wish for. A study score is also available. The first complete Henle edition of Beethoven’s works in 1968 has now been superseded by this volume in which a great deal of research and revision has led to many corrections and previously unavailable sources have been discovered.
From Henle Verlag comes a new Urtext edition of Beehoven’s Stringquintets. The parts clearly show the difference between original markings and editorial suggestions, while the invaluable comments at the end of the volume discuss alternative sources and decisions.
- Quintet for 2 Violins, 2 Violas and Violoncello E flat major op. 4
- Quintet for 2 Violins, 2 Violas and Violoncello C major op. 29
- Quintet for 2 Violins, 2 Violas and Violoncello c minor op. 104
- Fugue for 2 Violins, 2 Violas and Violoncello D major op. 137
- Quintet Movement d minor Hess 40