G. Henle Publishers in Munich march for a better world:
We will go on strike for climate control on September 20!
G. Henle Verlag closed on Friday, 20.9.19.
- Henle staff will – voluntarily – join the strike
- No deliveries will leave the warehouse
- No direct order via the website possible
- No phone, fax or e-mails
Every enterprise can actively contribute to preserving the environment and controling the earth’s climate
- FSC: G. Henle Verlag music books are FSC-certified (“Forest Stewardship Council”); our suppliers adhere to strict rules for their paper processing and print production
- Lamination: Our book covers are not laminated. They have always been made of high quality, natural cardboard paper or linen.
- Shrink-wrapping: Our products are not schrink-wrapped in plastic.
- Local Production: All of our music books are produced by suppliers located in Germany (short delivery distances)
- Packaging: We avoid plastic as much as we can, and almost excklusively use thin paper and paper scraps to protect our products when shipping
- Returns: We avoid destroying returned books; they are re-sold as far as possible
- Plastic bags: We have changed from plastic bags to paper bags and durable cotton bags for dealer and customer use
Getting to work
Henle employees are encouraged to use public transport or bicycles on their way to and from work. These benefits make it easier:
- every Henle employee receives full reimbursement for monthly public transport tickets
- every Henle employee is entitled to a free bicycle (man-powered or e-bike); for example. https://www.jobrad.org/
- Henle employees participate in an annual “Cycle to work” campaign (https://www.mit-dem-rad-zur-arbeit.de)
Henle employees consciously use ecological and sustainable consumables:
- Almost exclusive use of recycled paper
- Conscious printing, front and back whenever possible
- Use of biologically degradable soap and cleaning agents
Future plans 2019/2020
- Independant energy consultation for optimization of heating, cooling, general power use
- Strict waste seperation (kitchen and office)
- Switch to alternative “green power sources”
- Installation of a photovoltaic system to make use of solar energy
- Use recyclable glass bottles instead of plastic
- Make coffee from fair-trade coffee beans instead of capsules
- Solidarity address included on https://www.entrepreneurs4future.de/